Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 Begins - and so does another Diet - here is my MEDIFAST Journey (What works, what doesn't)

First off I have to say that it has been a very long time.  I have done a lot of things in my dieting scheme, but over the last year it has really been put on hold.  Oh, sure, I still bought PIYO when it came out - I even did Yoga last January... but somewhere along the way I just wasn't feeling it.  Probably because I had bought a new home and I was exhausted from moving, painting, organizing, and just getting used to things in general.  I just could NOT add one more thing.  So, I was explaining to a close friend that I just did not have time to think about it all.  I did not have time to eat right, go to school, work on homework, have a full time job, drag the kids around, keep up the house, exercise, and keep it together in general.  I put her under a microscope - I mean, she was as busy as me but she had lost a lot of weight.  How did she do it?  I chalked it up to her being a runner, and living in Alaska where she had ample room to grow her own food and monitor those things.  I would be wrong about that though.  She had done Medifast.  Now she is a coach!  She looks great, she is amazing, and she promised results.  I had to see this for myself.  So - before I get too far ahead, here is her link to the Take Shape for Life website:

https://iloseitwithlori.tsfl.com/

If this is a journey that you want to be on, you couldn't ask for a better coach.  She is amazing!  And not just because she is a great friend, but because she is encouraging and she has been through this journey herself.  I like having someone on my team that has already gone through a program so they know what I am going through.

SO, the story goes something like this - Lori knew that I was busy.  She knew that I had no time to work out.  (I am trying to get my degree and work a full time job and take care of a house!).  And, she knew that I had an unbelievable sweet tooth.  I get hungry - I love food - and if the mood strikes, by gosh, I am going to make a dessert!  She knew that I was unhealthy too - both of my parents were diagnosed with the big D, and I am just a hairline away myself.  Changes have to be made!  But, I have to have a plan. . . I can't be planning out every single calorie - I am a grab and go kind of gal.

So - Medifast.  It's all planned out and it's grab and go.  You want to eat chewy peanut butter bars for 5 of your 6 daily meals, you can do that.  You can't stand the food?  Trade up with a friend in a group or send it back.  Need a recipe because things are a little bland? There are a TON of sites out there with creative people who have taken the guess work out of it for you.  And all you have to do it be diligent until you reach your goal weight.  (The first WEEK on the plan, I lost 10 pounds).



So, here's to another journey - started before the new year thank you very much.  And a healthier journey than my HCG Journey.  So far I am starting my 3rd week and I have not felt hungry at all.  I have not felt weak.  I am losing the weight and I have not even exercised once - I am sure that I will get started with that after I get school started.  But, at the very least (If I don't) At least I am eating healthier, right? (And Losing weight?  BONUS!)

Post if you have any questions and I will be happy to get you answers.  Otherwise, just go check out the Take Shape for Life website.

Here's to another healthy journey - except, this time, it's going to stick!