Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Medifast Vanilla Custard Recipe

Can I just start out by saying that it actually tastes great?  (Or is that too cliche'?) It does though.  I actually look forward to meal time - not because I am hungry, but because I love the food.  I love the snacks, I love the bars, I love the soups, I love the ziti... I love the food.  When the box of food arrives - my monthly shipment - I really get excited.  New stuff?  What?!?  I love new stuff!

So, the foods on the 5 & 1 plan are really not that bad at all.  There are a few things that I would steer away from, but we have to remember that I also am a fan of sweets - not the salty - so when it came time to try out the Parmesan cheese puffs?  Well, I just couldn't do it.   I seriously could not make it through the entire bag.  BUT, I did trade them up with someone else, who LOVED them.  Also, the foods can be combined and modified (Just a titch) to make other amazing things.  For example - this is what I made the other night:

All credit on this goes to Sandy's Kitchen because her website is where I found this lovely tidbit of awesome.  The recipe is as follows:

Medifast Vanilla Custard (or chocolate - you decide)

1 packet of MF eggs (1 Meal)
1 packet of MF vanilla pudding OR vanilla shake (1 meal) - Also, you can use chocolate
1 Cup H2O
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon (1/2 condiment)
1/2 tsp vanilla (1/2 condiment)
1 packet Splenda or Truvia (1 condiment)

Directions:
Mix ingredients together in blender.  Pour into sprayed ramekin or baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

= 2 servings with 1 meal and one condiment per serving.  

Because of the way that my ramekins were, it actually made 3 meals for me.  I had saved them for dessert, but they were so darn tasty that I ate them for breakfast instead.  (They do refrigerate well - though they are tasty right out of the oven too.)  PS:  I recommend using your oven for this and NOT your microwave.  I have read other comments where people microwaved and it was "Rubbery".  Trust me, when you want dessert, and you smell this piece of deliciousness, you are going to THANK ME for making sure you knew not to microwave it.


That's it.  Really - I was expecting a custard to take a lot longer and be a much more in depth process. This recipe was super easy and fast and really hit the spot when I was craving something more "Homemade".  It's perfection and I hope that you will try it!