Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A word on Before and After photos for your journey

JUST TAKE THEM ALREADY!!

I promise that the camera does not bite.  You do not have to share them with anyone. You do not have to put them online.  You do not have to paste them on your wall for motivation (Though if that is what will help you stick with the plan then by all means, do not let me stop you.)  You should take them though.  

I can hear it already!  The weeping and wailing of the "WHY!?!?"

I can truly say that I understand where this anxiety is coming from.  I mean, trust me, I haven't seen my jawline in at least 7 years.  I despise my double chin.  I lament the loss of my shapely, youthful figure from the past.  I do not need another visual reminder of what I look like.  I am aware! I know what I look like.  So, just hear me out when I say that this is one of the very best things that you can do for yourself on this journey of healthy..


Think about that for just a moment - that just for you to see it, you are looking at a 4 week period.  If you are taking your pictures, I can't tell you - I cannot even describe - what a bolster it s to look from that first picture to the second set after a 1 month span of time has passed.  Then check yourself out again after 2 months - then three.  When you reach the end of your journey to look at yourself before, and then after and see the full transition.  You do not have to share, but by the time you are done you will want to.

I know that I am at the beginning of my journey - barely starting week 3 - But I have done this before and the pictures are so helpful.  When you want a cheat day - just look at your pictures.  When you think you aren't getting anywhere and it's not worth it?  Check out those images.   

Take your before pictures - if you haven't but you've started your journey then take them NOW (I know you have a Cellphone!  I know you can be a selfie-queen!).  Take them.  I promise, it will be so worth it in the end and they will help you along the way.