I know - I know! I was as surprised as you - a pancake that is a muffin? With the starter kit of the Medifast Favorites on the foods, I got a box of chocolate chip pancakes (That I avoided like the plague primarily because I did not want to pull out a griddle or a pan to cook one lousy pancake, seriously).
As I was perusing through the websites of others who have gone before me to realize their weightloss goals, I stumbled across the inspirational website of another coach who had a great idea for those pesky pancakes - turn them into Muffins! You can find her site HERE - but this is what you do:.
* One packet of MF pancake mix - (mine was the chocolate chip pancake, but if you got the plain one then just add 1 teaspoon of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the plain batter)
* 2 oz of H2O
* Mix in a shaker jar as directed
* Pour into a Pyrex measuring glass (I, too, use the 1 cup size)
* Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds
* Flip out onto a plate
* Drizzle with sugar-free, no calorie syrup. (Drizzle - do not saturate or it will defeat the purpose!)
This was so tasty - and EASY. Seriously easy to make for breakfast. Now, I only put up one picture - my final product... but if you really need to see it in a step by step format then you should go to the site that I linked above, because she put pictures of each step. I just wanted to share this little successful way to make the pancakes. YUMMY!