Thursday, January 15, 2015

Medifast Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffin?

I know - I know!  I was as surprised as you - a pancake that is a muffin?  With the starter kit of the Medifast Favorites on the foods, I got a box of chocolate chip pancakes (That I avoided like the plague primarily because I did not want to pull out a griddle or a pan to cook one lousy pancake, seriously).

As I was perusing through the websites of others who have gone before me to realize their weightloss goals, I stumbled across the inspirational website of another coach who had a great idea for those pesky pancakes - turn them into Muffins!  You can find her site HERE - but this is what you do:.

Ingredients:
* One packet of MF pancake mix - (mine was the chocolate chip pancake, but if you got the plain one then just add 1 teaspoon of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the plain batter)
* 2 oz of H2O

Directions:
* Mix in a shaker jar as directed
* Pour into a Pyrex measuring glass (I, too, use the 1 cup size)
* Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds
* Flip out onto a plate
* Drizzle with sugar-free, no calorie syrup.  (Drizzle - do not saturate or it will defeat the purpose!)
* Enjoy!

This was so tasty - and EASY.  Seriously easy to make for breakfast.  Now, I only put up one picture - my final product... but if you really need to see it in a step by step format then you should go to the site that I linked above, because she put pictures of each step.  I just wanted to share this little successful way to make the pancakes.  YUMMY!