Sunday, February 8, 2015

Checking in - How are things going on the Medifast Diet for me?

Can I just say that this diet is AWESOME!?!  I mean, would that be too blunt for a first line of this blob?  I don't think so. 

THIS DIET IS AWESOME!

Ok.  It's been a little more than a month since I started this program, Medifast.  You can find it on Take Shape for Life dot com (or TSFL.com) In this first little stretch I have lost more than 20 pounds. (That's quite a bit - go and carry around 20 pounds of sugar at t he store.  Just carry it around with you the entire time that you have to do your shopping - you will be completely worn out when you are done!)

As of today I have finally seen the new decade of the 160's.  I haven't seen this decade since doing HCG.  I was concerned because after the first few weeks of losing so fast, I slowed to what I consider "A Crawl".  I mean, we are talking only a few ounces per day that I was losing.  (What the What? I did so great the first week!  I lost 10 lbs just the first week!)  So, how was I just crawling along?  Actually, I really needed to step back off the scale and rethink what what happening here.  

Overall I am averaging about 3lbs of weight loss per week.  That's really healthy if you ask me (Especially in comparison to other diets that I have done.)  This is not like HCG where I have to lose a pound each day or I would have to starve myself to get beyond that crazy plateau.   If I hang out on to a weight for a few days, no big deal.  I think that the longest I have been on the same weight is 3 days, and then when the scale moves it makes an even larger drop than before.  

Typically, by the end of the week, I have hit my 3lb goal and I feel fine.  Daily check-ins can be frustrating though if I don't keep my eye on the prize.  If I continue at this rate I will be at my goal weight in 15 weeks.  that's actually not a very long time away at all.  That's just until the end of this semester, so I will look awesome for Graduation. :)

One of the biggest struggles that I have had so far is staying OP (On Plan) not by eating, but by the time.  You are supposed to eat every 2-3 hours.  Right now I am struggling with that mainly due to outside factors (Husband, walks, school, work) But I am close.  Could I be losing more if I stayed closer to the time restriction?  Perhaps.  Maybe I will try it out this week and let you all know how it worked out.  What do you think?

Either way, I don't mind saying it again - THIS DIET IS AWESOME!  I am hardly ever hungry (Unless I am not on time with a meal) and I am losing weight without having to try to add exercise into my regimen (Which is nearly impossible right now if you saw the schedule that I had).  So ,if you are thinking about trying it out at all, I really encourage it.  Give it a month - just one month - and if it isn't working for you by then, well, scrap it. But I am almost certain that you will see the results taking effect. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)