Friday, February 20, 2015

I hasn't even been two months! :)


I am almost half way there and I have only been on this diet for 7 weeks. 
It truly is amazing what eating "the right way" will do for you.  Regardless of what anyone else has to say about it, this particular diet works IF YOU FOLLOW THE PLAN.  I would say that with most other diets, but the plan on most other diets is crazy.  Medifast works -WELL.  I have a conference that I need to be at in about 3.5 more weeks - and I plan to look fabulous!  I won't be at my goal weight, but I definitely will not be where I have been for the last few years.  I am hoping that by the time I graduate this spring I will have made it to my goal weight.

Now, one of the things that I am so super excited about is reaching my goals - so I wanted to share one that I preemptively jumped in and did.  Not for any reason other than I am confident that I am going to hit my final goal weight and I see the reward in sight (And the airline prices were JUST RIGHT) ... So, in August - I am going to Alaska to see my best friend and Coach - Lori!! (YAY!)


Now the countdown is moving forward - but I just wanted to share.  I am so excited that is 161 days I will not only be at my goal weight, but I will get to see someone that I have not seen in so long.

Which brings me to my next point - Rewards. 
These are so important!  Not food rewards.  Everyone seems to go that route - "I've lost 20 pounds !! I deserve to reward myself with a cheeseburger!!"  WHAT?  Why would you do that to yourself?  I know that it's so easy to reward with tasty (Addictive) Food, but it is so important that you find other rewards to achieve. Being a food addict myself I can't tell you how many times (Even on this diet) where I have said, "I'm doing so good!  Lets go out to eat!"  - I have been lucky to have someone that reminds me that this is not the way - and I am going to remind you too!  (This is not the way people!)  
So, set up some great rewards.  Things that you are working towards - things that you can earn - that are not food related.  Most people go with Manicures, and Pedicures - or a new outfit.  I have chosen larger goals - things that I Have wanted to do so badly but just haven't.  Why not?  If I can lose this weight then I can go on a trip to a new place - or I can get those new shoes.  I am saving money by not throwing it away at empty fast food chains - I deserve to do something awesome!  (And you should too). 

So, set up good rewards for yourself!  This is so important!  And don't give up - if you are starting a diet, any diet - don't give up just because your gravitational pull to the earth is larger than what you would like it to be.  Stick with it!  Stay strong and be healthy - it will really pay off!  Love to you all!